- 1/2 kg Fish (cleaned, washed, deboned and cut into pieces)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1inch piece of Ginger
- 4 Green Chilies (chopped)
- A dash of Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Water
For White Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 3 Celery Stalks (minced)
- 100 gms Cheese (grated)
- Add a little salt, tomatoes, onions, green chilies, ginger, and turmeric powder in half a cup of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add fish pieces to it, when cooked, strain and keep aside stock.
- Grate the fish and keep it aside.
- For white sauce, take a small, heavy saucepan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in it over low heat.
- Add flour to the melting butter and blend it well.
- When it begins to turn light brown, add milk gradually.
- Allow it to thicken without any lumps.
- Remove from flame and add pepper powder, mustard powder, minced celery and grated cheese.
- Stir in the dish stock and add beaten yolks.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and the shredded fish.
- Mix gently and pour into a pie dish.
- Bake at 180 degree C until the top is brown.
- Brush with a little egg yolk and grated cheese.