Moong Dal Sheera
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (split)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Milk (warmed)
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Saffron (5-6 strands)
- Warm Water
- Slivers of Almonds & Pistachios (for garnishing)
- The first step is to soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the moong dal in a processor, to make a smooth paste. Use very little water while grinding.
- Dissolve the saffron strands in 1 tbsp of warm milk. Keep it aside.
- Take a broad non-stick pan and melt the ghee in it, over medium heat.
- Add the moong dal paste and continue to stir the mixture on low heat or until it becomes golden brown in color.
- Stir in warm milk, along with a cup of warm water. Cook until the milk and water are completely absorbed. Keep stirring while cooking.
- Add sugar and cook on low heat until the ghee separates from the content.
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Garnish with silvers of almonds and pistachios and serve hot.