- 1¼ cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Cucumber, grated
- ¾ cup Coconut, grated
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 5½ tbsp Curd
- 4 tbsp Ghee, melted
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Gud (jaggery), grated
- 5½ cups Coconut, grated
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom powder
- Soak the raw rice for a period of about 4 hours, in a bowl containing lukewarm water.
- Drain the water and wash the rice with fresh water. Next, grind the rice, along with the coconut, to get a smooth even paste.
- To the paste, add the grated cucumber, salt, curd and sugar and mix properly.
- Check for the consistency of the paste. If you find it too thick, you can add a little water to adjust the thickness.
- Set the bowl aside for a period of about 4 hours.
- On medium flame, heat a non-stick tava and lightly grease it with ghee.
- Using a ladle, pour some batter over the hot tava and spread it evenly, to get a 3 to 4 mm thick dosa.
- Cover the dosa with a lid and cook one side over a slow flame, till the base becomes crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove the tousali from the tava and continue the process for the remaining batter.
- For the churna, melt the gud in a saucepan and add in the green cardamom and grated coconut. Mix well.
- Once done, remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for some time.
- Serve the tousali hot, with the churna.