Soya Khaman Dhokla
- ¾ cup Bengal Gram Flour (besan)
- ¼ cup Soya Flour
- 1½ tbsp Semolina (rawa)
- ½ tsp Citric Acid (nimbu ke phool)
- 3 ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Green Chili-Ginger Paste
- 1½ tsp Fruit Salt
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander, chopped (garnishing)
- Green Chutney (serving)
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
- ½ tsp Sesame Seeds (til)
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- A Pinch of Asafetida (hing)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Except the fruit salt, mix all the ingredients listed under the batter. Use enough water to form a thick batter.
- To the batter, add in the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water and mix the batter well. The mixture will start rising immediately.
- Grease a thali, pour the mixture in the thali and steam it for about 10 minutes.
- To prepare the tempering, heat oil in a pan. Add in the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chilies and asafetida. When the seeds start to crackle, add 1 tablespoon of water and pour this tempering over the steamed dhokla immediately.
- Cut the dhokla into pieces and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with nutritious green chutney.