Methi Palak Dhokla
- 1 cup Black-eyed Beans (chawli)
- ¾ cup Spinach (palak), chopped
- ¾ cup Fenugreek Leaves (methi), chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Green Chili-Ginger Paste
- 1½ tsp Asafetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp Fruit Salt
- Salt, to taste
- Green Chutney (for serving)
- Wash the beans thoroughly and soak them for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the soaked beans.
- Add ¾ cup of water to the beans and blend them in a liquidizer, so as to form a smooth batter.
- To the paste, add spinach, fenugreek leaves, oil, green chili-ginger paste, asafetida and salt. Mix the batter well.
- Place a steamer on the gas. When the water starts to boil, add the fruit salt to the batter and mix.
- Grease 3 thalis and pour the batter in them. Place the thalis in the steamer and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.