- 100g Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 500g Cauliflower (separated into little florets)
- 800ml Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- Coriander Leaves finely chopped (garnishing)
- Heat the butter in a good sized saucepan, depending on the number of people for whom you are preparing soup.
- When the butter is heated, fry in ginger, bay leaf and onion for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Push the knob on the medium flame and add potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in it. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now, add stock or water and bring it to boil. Cook the soup until the cauliflower leaves are tender.
- When the cauliflower leaves become tender, puree the soup using a hand blender and sieve it.
- Bring the soup to boil again and add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Pour the soup in the bowls and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot.