Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 Russet Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 1½ cup Corn Kernels
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp Dijon-style Mustard (prepared)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1½ Cucumber (thinly chopped)
- ½ cup Peanuts (finely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- Salted Water
- In a large saucepan, place the quartered Russet potatoes and add salted water, till all the pieces are covered entirely with the water.
- Place the saucepan over a medium flame and bring it to a boil. Once done, turn the heat down and allow the pan to simmer for some time.
- Remove the cover from the pan, add in the sweet potatoes, and cook for 20 more minutes.
- To check whether the pieces are cooked properly, remove a slice of potato from the pan and cut it in half.
- The potato slices being cooked and done, add in the corn kernels and cook for another 30 seconds or until the kernels are soft and tender.
- Using a colander, drain the liquid and fill the saucepan with cold water. Drop the vegetables in the water and allow a cooling period of about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend and whisk together the garlic, cilantro, lime juice and mustard. Add in the oil slowly and sprinkle some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut each of the cooked potato slices into 1-inch cubes and add the pieces to the cucumber and red onion dressing (prepared along with canola oil and pepper).
- Give the salad a good toss and serve either room temperature or chilled. You can further garnish the salad with the chopped peanuts.