- 2 to 3 Cans of fish (clean and cut into slices)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 cm Piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 5 Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp Melted butter
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Aniseed (roasted)
- 3 tsp Cumin seeds (roasted)
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut (roasted)
- 1 bBall of Tamarind
- Soak tamarind in hot water taken in a bowl and squeeze out the pulp. Keep aside.
- Marinate the fish slices with turmeric powder, salt & lime juice. Keep aside for 15 min.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients in a grinder until smooth and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add split green chilies, bay leaves and the above paste.
- Fry for about 10 minutes till the oil starts separating.
- Now add marinated fish pieces, sugar and remaining salt. Simmer it after adding a little water.
- Add coconut milk and garam masala. Bring the mixture to a boil and take it off the fire.
- Hyderabadi Fish is ready to serve.