- For Kolumbu Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Split Black Gram (urad dal)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Split Bengal Gram (chana dal)
- 5 Peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 4 Red Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (methi)
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 2 cups Drumsticks
- 1 cup Toovar Dal (arhar)( cooked)
- 1 cup Brinjal Cubes
- 1/2 cup French Beans (strong and cut)
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Potato Cubes
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 7 to 8 Curry Leaves
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned for the kolumbu powder.
- Grind the roasted ingredients together, in fractions.
- Take a cooker and cook the toovar dal with salt and water.
- When the dal becomes soft, add the kolumbu powder to it, along with all the vegetables.
- Cook the ingredients, until they become soft.
- Now, make tempering by taking a saucepan and heating the oil in it.
- Fry mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves in the oil.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the mixture to the kolumbu.
- Mix well and serve hot.