Bean and Pasta Soup
- 5 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 16 ounces Dried Cannellini Beans (or white beans)
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Flakes
- 6 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 9 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pepper (as per taste)
- 8 oz Ziti or Tubular Pasta (short)
- Soak the beans a night before in cold water. In the morning, drain and rinse them.
- Take a large stew pot and put beans in it, along with whole garlic, water, sage leaves and 3 tbsp oil.
- Bring the beans to a boil and cook them on simmer for approximately 1 hour. Make sure they are tender.
- In the meantime, take a small skillet and heat 6 tbsp of oil and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Now, add cayenne pepper flakes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary leaves in it and stir again.
- Take the cooked beans and add the above mixture in it. Stir well again.
- Pass soup through food mill, pour it in the stew pot and cook on low heat, till it is slightly thick.
- Cook the short pasta in a pot, with water and salt added to it, until it becomes soft. Drain the water and add soup in it.
- Again cook it for 15 minutes and serve hot.