- 2 Fishes (head and tail removed)
- 2 Onions(chopped)
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 /2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 6 Garlic Flakes
- 1 /4 tsp Asfoetida
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 Ginger
- 7 Cashewnuts
- 1 /2 Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- Cut fishes into pieces.
- Wash the fish pieces and then pat them dry.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Add the fish pieces to the heated oil and fry till golden brown.
- Take the fried fish pieces out of the pan.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and fry chopped onions till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the onions and keep separate.
- In the remaining oil add asfoetida and cumin seeds.
- Make a paste prepared by grinding all the ingredients of the paste in a mixie.
- When seeds start fuming, add the paste and allow it to seethe for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water if necessary.
- Also add the powder mixture and salt.
- Fry the mixture on low flame till oil starts appearing on top.
- Seethe it for another 3-4 minutes and then put the boiled pieces.
- Add cream and mix it properly. Cook again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Shahi fish is ready to serve.