- ½ cup Coriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Mint/Pudina (chopped)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (medium size)
- 500 g Cottage Cheese
- 3 Green Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 3 pinches Cumin Seeds
- 2 Onions (medium sized)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 2 inch piece Ginger
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala (powder)
- 1 tbsp Peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander/Dhaniya (powdered)
- Salt (to taste)
- Start with cottage cheese and cut it into medium- sized cubes. Fry them in 1 tsp of oil. (optional)
- Take a large saucepan and heat some oil in it. Put cumin seeds in it and fry, till they start to crackle.
- Add onions to the pan and fry them until they turn brown.
- Remove the onion from pan and let them cool down.
- Now, crush them along with ginger, green chilies and garlic, in the blender.
- In the saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon sticks and bay leaves to it, along with ground paste. Mix them well.
- Now, add coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, fresh cream and whisked yogurt. Mix them well again.
- Add water to the pan and bring it to boil. Now, further add paneer cubes to it, along with chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook on low- medium temperature, for 10- 15 minutes.
- When it is done, sprinkle ground peppercorns on top and serve it hot, with rice or chapattis.