Oatmeal Barley Cookies
- 2½ cups Oats (large flake or slow cooking)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut (Flaked)
- 1/2 cup Butter (or Margarine, or a mix of both)
- 1 cup Barley Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Take a large bowl and put butter, egg and brown sugar in it. Beat the ingredients together, until they mix well.
- Put vanilla in the bowl and mix again.
- Now, prepare thick dough by adding raisins, coconut, oats, barley flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the above mixture.
- Prepare cookie sized patties from the dough and place them on the cookie sheet (parchment lined).
- Put them in the oven, at a temperature of 325 degrees F, for 10 minutes. The cookies won't spread too much.
- When the cookies are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- To let the cookies cool down completely, you can transfer them on a backing rack.