- 1 cup Kokum Pods (not tightly packed)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1 stalk Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (slit)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Seed Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 pinches Asafetida
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Start with soaking kokum pods in water for an hour and then squeezing juice of the pod. Keep it aside.
- Now, strain the water from the above juice in a bowl and discard the residue.
- Take a deep pan and heat ghee in it. Add mustard seeds, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, cumin seeds, curry leaves, chilies (red and green) and asafoetida in it.
- When the seeds begin to crack, add kokum water to the pan. Do it safely, so that no residue spits out on your face.
- Mix gram flour in the pod water and mix well, till it becomes smooth.
- Now, add sugar and salt (as per taste) to the boiling kokum water and stir well.
- Stir the kadhi till it starts boiling again. When boiled, reduce heat to simmer and let it heat for 10- 12 minutes.
- Garnish the kadhi with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or rotis.