Low Calorie Baingan Bake
- 2 medium-size Brinjals (sliced)
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese (grated)
- 6-7 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Pods Garlic (minced)
- 2 to 3 Onions (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Thyme (ajwain)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt (to tatse)
- Take a non-stick pan and put oil on it. Spread brinjals on the pan and sprinkle salt over them, when the oil gets hot.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame, till the brinjals become soft.
- Grind onion, tomatoes and garlic in a hand blender, to make a thick paste.
- When the brinjals get cooked, add thyme, salt, sugar and chili powder to and further cook them for a few more minutes.
- Put brinjals in a greased baking dish and cover it with cottage cheese and then, the tomato paste.
- Bake it in the oven, at a temperature of 210 degrees F, for 5- 10 minutes.
- Serve it hot.