Low Calorie Vegetable Au Gratin
- 2 cups Mixed Boiled Vegetables (carrots, peas, French beans) (chopped)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 Green Chili (chopped)
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Low Calorie White Sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
For Low Calorie White Sauce
- 1½ cups Cauliflower Or Bottle Gourd (lauki) (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Cheese (grated)
- For Low Calorie White Sauce
- Take a pan and pour 2 cups of water in it, along with cauliflower. Boil it, until the cauliflower turns soft.
- Blend the cauliflower using a hand blender and strain water out of it.
- Take a pan and heat butter in it. Add the whole wheat flour and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add cauliflower purée and milk to it and cook the mixture continuously, till it gets thick.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and keep aside.
For Vegetable Au Gratin
- Heat butter in the saucepan and sauté onions in it, for a few seconds. Add chilies to it and sauté again.
- Now, add white sauce, vegetables, salt and pepper to it and mix well. Bring it to boil.
- Preheat the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees C and pour this mixture in the greased baking dish.
- Top the dish with grated cheese and let it bake.
- Serve hot.