- 1 pound Boneless Stewing Lamb (cut into small cubes)
- 1 pound Lamb Bones (in cheesecloth)
- 2½ quarts Water
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Carrots (diced)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Pearl Barley
- ½ cup Parsley (chopped)
- Take a soup kettle and pour water in it, along with lamb, celery, lamb bones, carrots and onion. Bring it to boil.
- When it is done, make sure to skim it carefully and reduce heat.
- Now, sprinkle salt and pepper over it and add pearl barley.
- Let the ingredients cook on simmer for approximately an hour.
- Remove bones and sprinkle chopped parsley generously.
- Serve hot.