Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Lemon Peel (grated)
- ½ cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 3-5 tsp Milk
- Preheat the oven at a temperature of 400 degree F.
- Take a large bowl and mix sugar, lemon peel, flour, salt and baking powder in it.
- Now add milk, vanilla, almond extract, eggs and butter in it and stir well.
- Take a greased pan of 13x9 inch size and pour half of this thick batter into it.
- Put blueberries over it and cover the blueberries with the remaining batter.
- Bake it for 35 minutes and allow it to cool for half an hour at room temperature.
- Take hand blender and blend all the ingredients required for icing.
- Spread the icing over the warm cake and serve.