- 12 Small Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb Cubed Chicken
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 cup Onion (diced)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 lb Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Oil (for cooking)
- 3 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 dried Green Chilies (chopped fine)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven at a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Take a bowl and combine the ingredients for sauce in it. Mix well.
- Now, take a deep pan and boil the above mixture in it, over medium-high heat.
- In a pan, heat some oil and put brown chicken in it.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes. Remove it from the pan.
- Take a saucepan and heat some oil.
- Saute onions and salt in it, for 4- 6 minutes.
- And garlic, oregano and chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- In a pan of size 9x13 inch, spread a layer of the sauce, then tortillas, followed by meat and cheese.
- Repeat the process for three layers.
- Cover the dish and bake it for around 30 minutes first. Uncover it and then bake it for further 10 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, before serving.