Thai Vegetable Stock
- 2 large Onions (quartered)
- 4 large Fresh Red Chilies
- 8 oz Carrots (halved)
- ½ small White Cabbage (halved)
- 1 small Celery Head, including leaves (chopped)
- 2 oz Fresh Coriander (leaves, stalks & roots)
- 1 oz Basil (leaves & stalks)
- ½ head Chinese Leaves (chopped)
- ½ Radish (peeled)
- 25 Black Peppercorns
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Palm Sugar
- 3½ glass Water
- Take a heavy bottomed saucepan and put all the ingredients in it, along with water.
- Place the pan on high flame and bring the ingredients to boil.
- Reduce the flame to simmer, cover with a lid and cook for around 30- 40 minutes, to let the ingredients become tender.
- When the vegetables are soft, remove the lid and boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.