- 1 cup Split Green Gram (green moong dal)
- 2 tsp Green Chili-Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Fruit Salt
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp Oil
- Wash green gram and then soak it in water, for atleast four hours. Now, grind it to make a paste, adding ¼ cup of water.
- Add fruit salt, salt and green chili- ginger paste to it and mix well.
- Take a pan and heat the oil in it.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida to it.
- When the mustard seeds start to crackle, add this tempering to the grounded dal paste and mix well.
- Now, take the idli moulds and put the mixture in it.
- Steam for 5- 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Serve with chutney.