- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot, (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 Potato (chopped into large chunks)
- 1/3 cup Mushrooms (chopped in half)
- 3 cloves Whole Garlic
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 8 cups Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Take a heavy bottomed pot and put all the ingredients in it. Bring it to boil.
- Now, reduce the flame to simmer and let the mixture cook for approximately an hour.
- Strain the vegetables from it.
- The broth is prepared and can be used in soups or gravies, to have a distinctive flavor.