- 300 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 100 g Candied Peel
- 100 g Cherries
- 480 g Currants
- 200 g Sultanas
- 200 g Raisins
- 100 g Almonds, blanched
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Whisky
- 1 Lemon Rind, grated
- 200 g Margarine
- 1 tbsp Black Treacle
- 200 g Demerara Sugar
- Take a bowl and mix plain flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and salt together.
- In a different bowl, put candied peel, cherries, currants, sultanas, raisins and lemon rind, to make nuts and fruit mixture.
- Take another bowl and whisk eggs and whisky together. Add margarine, sugar and black treacle and mix well, until it is soft.
- Now, mix flour (in small amounts) and egg mixture in a bowl, beating it well continuously.
- When it has mixed well, add nuts and fruits mixture and stir well again.
- Place this mixture in the greased cake tin and flatten it with hands, while it is wet.
- Decorate it with almonds on top.
- Now, bake this for 1½ hours, at a temperature of 300-350 degrees F and then for 2 hours, after reducing the temperature to 275-300 degrees F.
- Let it cool down a bit, cut into slices and serve.