- 1 Sheep's Stomach Bag
- 1 Sheep's Pluck (liver, lungs & heart)
- 3 Onions
- 250 g Beef Suet
- 150 g Oatmeal
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- A pinch Cayenne
- 150 ml Gravy
- Start with cleaning the stomach bag properly and then soaking it overnight.
- Turn it inside out in the morning.
- Wash the pluck thoroughly and boil it for around 1½ hours, making sure that the impurities are removed. For this purpose, hang the windpipe over the pot, allowing its drainage. Keep the water for later use.
- Now, mince the heart and lungs and grate half the liver.
- Take a bowl; chop the onions and suet in it.
- At the same time, keep the oatmeal in the oven, so that it becomes warm.
- Now, take a large bowl and mix heart, lungs, liver, onions, suet, oatmeal, and gravy, along with salt and pepper.
- Now, put cayenne in it.
- Add this mixture to the pluck-boiled water, to make a watery mixture.
- Now, fill the stomach bag until it is half full, press out the air from it and sew the bag up.
- Let this bag boil for 3 hrs, in a container, without the lid.
- Serve it with traditional neeps and tatties.