|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Shortening
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1½ cup Buttermilk
- Oil (as needed)
- Take a large bowl and whisk baking soda, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt in it.
- Cut the shortening with a fork and put it in the dry ingredients.
- Now, make a well in the bowl that is full of ingredients and pour corn syrup and buttermilk in it.
- Stir with a spoon, to make soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and make a thick circle of ¾-inch, on a floured surface.
- Proceed by cutting each circle in 6 wedges.
- On medium flame, heat a griddle or broad dosa tawa and grease it lightly with oil.
- Now, cook scones on each side, until it gets golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with hot tea.