Free Kirk Pudding
- 50 g Butter
- 5 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp White Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp Currants
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Mixed Spices
- 1 Egg
- Milk (as required)
- Take a large bowl and sieve flour in it. Add bread crumbs and butter to it and mix well.
- Now, add sugar, mixed spices, currants and raisins to the mixture and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and dissolve baking soda in it, with some milk. Add the beaten egg and mix again.
- Add this prepared mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl, to make fairly slack dough. Add milk to it, if necessary.
- Put this mixture in the greased mould, cover it with greased paper and steam for 3 hours.
- Remove and serve hot, with custard.