Petticoat Tails Shortbread
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Confectioners' Sugar (to taste)
- Take a large bowl and whisk butter and sugar in it, until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Take another bowl and sieve flour in it. Add the butter-sugar mixture to the flour, along with cornstarch and salt and mix gradually.
- Keep on mixing, until the mixture is uniformly crumbly and can be pressed together to form a ball.
- Now, place it at the center of the un-greased baking sheet and roll it out in a circle, making sure that it has 1/8-inch thickness.
- Move on with the process by cutting a 3-inch round in the center. Now, cut the outer circle into 8 wedges, to form 'petticoat tails'.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F and bake the shortbread for 20 minutes, until it is firm to touch and becomes sandy white.
- Remove it from the baking sheet,using a spatula and place it on the fire rack.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over it.
- Serve by arranging wedges around the center round, on a serving plate.