- 1 kg Boneless Pork
- 1 Pork (liver, heart, tongue & 2 kidneys only)
- 3 cups Water
- 12 Red Chilies/Peppers (dried)
- 12 Peppercorns
- 12 cloves Garlic
- 1-inch piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 8 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon (one-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 peg Coconut Feni
- Salt (to taste)
- 6 Green Chilies/Peppers (chopped)
- 4 medium Onions (finely chopped)
- Wash the meats and pat them dry.
- Put water in a pan, on medium heat and add the meats to it. Cover the pan and parboil the meats.
- Now, remove them from heat and dice finely, after they cool down. Set the water aside.
- Blend all the spices, barring green chillies/peppers and onion, in a blender.
- Add vinegar and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, on medium heat and fry all the meats lightly.
- Stir continuously while frying, till the meat is light brown.
- Add the paste of spices to fried meat and fry for five minutes.
- Add salt, feni, remaining vinegar, chopped onions and green chillies, and the water from boiled meats.
- Bring down the heat and allow the Sorpotel to simmer for about 45 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove from heat when the oil reaches the top and the sauce thickens.