- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- Take a bowl and whisk butter and sugar in it, to make a light and fluffy cream.
- Add 2½ cups of the flour to the above mixture and knead to form dough. Work on it until it starts to crackle on the surface.
- Flour a surface with the remaining ½ cup flour. Now, roll out the dough in a circle that is ¼-inch thick and then cut it into cookie shapes, using a cutter.
- Prick cookies with fork tines and place them on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Now, bake them at 275 degrees, for about 45 to 55 minutes, making sure that they are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and then serve.