- 1 kg Pork
- 5 small Potatoes
- 2-3 Cloves
- 4-5 Black Pepper Corns
- 2-3 Green Cardamoms
- 3 Green Chili
- 2 large Onions (sliced)
- 4 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Cinnamon (small stick)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 6 Red Chilies
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for cooking)
- Fresh Coriander (for garnishing)
- Put the ginger, garlic, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, and cinnamon, with 2 tbsp vinegar, in a blender and make a paste.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pressure cooker. Fry the potatoes till they assume a brownish color. Remove them from heat and keep aside.
- Fry sliced onions, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and green chillies in the pressure cooker, till the onions become transparent.
- Add the blended paste of spices and saute, until the oil begins to separate from the ingredients.
- Now, add pork and pressure cook till it is cooked properly.
- Take the lid off the cooker and add potatoes, along with 2-3 cups of water. Allow it to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Now, add the rest vinegar and let simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish pork vindaloo with coriander and serve with steamed rice or bread.