Scottish Oat Scones
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1¼ cups Old-fashioned Oatmeal
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten to blend
- ½ cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease the cookie sheet.
- Take a large bowl and mix all-purpose flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in it.
- Take another bowl and put butter, milk and egg in it. Mix well.
- Now, add the above mixture to the dry ingredients, making sure that it is thick enough to make balls. Stir well.
- Put raisins in it and mix again, to make dough. Shape it in the form of a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour on the dry surface, put the dough on it and pat it to form 3/4-inch-thick circle.
- Now, cut it into 12 wedges, using a sharp knife and transfer it to the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake them for around 12 minutes, but make sure that they are light brown.
- When prepared, let them cool on a wired rack. Serve.