Goan Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1½ tsp Cumin Seed
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 Whole Clove
- 1-inch Cinnamon
- 1 small bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1-inch piece Ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Serrano Chili
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Lime (juice)
- Kosher Salt
- Butter (melted)
- Put cumin, pepper, cloves and cinnamon, cilantro, ginger, garlic and chili in a grinder and make a fine powder. Add oil to make a smooth paste.
- Rub the spicy mixture all around the skin of the chicken. Season with a small amount of kosher salt and marinate for 24 hours.
- Drizzle lime juice over the chicken, just half an hour before cooking.
- Sprinkle a little more salt and baste with melted butter.
- Roast the chicken at a temperature of 350 degrees F, for about an hour and 20 minutes.
- You can serve Goan roast chicken with a wedged lime.