- 1 Cup blueberries
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1-1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Mix together the baking powder, flour and salt.
- Cream the shortening and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add it to the mixture.
- Whisk in the milk, lemon rind and almond extract.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend in gradually.
- Now add the blueberries.
- Cover and cool for about 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Put spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Blueberry Cookies are ready.