Green Moong Pirattal
- 150 g Whole Green Gram
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (cut into 6 pieces each)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- Cinnamon (for tempering)
- Bay Leaf (for tempering)
For Paste3 tbsp Coconut (grated)
- 3 Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Dalia
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Khus-khus
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Sprout the green gram by soaking it in water and keeping it overnight. Drain the water in the morning.
- Now, put the sprouts in 200 ml water and boil them till the time they are almost cooked.
- Drain the sprouts and use the water to grind all the ingredients needed for making the paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon and bay leaf to the oil. Add curry leaves and onions after a few seconds. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. After 2-3 minutes, add tomatoes.
- Stir for a few minutes and add in the sprouts.
- Cook the sprouts for 5 minutes and pour in the paste. Continue to cook till the paste is well immersed. Lower the flame and stir on and off for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.