- 2 cups Water
- 3 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt (plus extra for seasoning)
- 1½ cups Vegetable Oil/Canola Oil
- 2 Green Plantains
- Heat oil in a large pan. Peel plantains and slice them across, into 1-inch pieces.
- Add plantains to the oil and fry them, until they assume a golden yellow color. Fry for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the plantains from the pan and put them on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Stand the plantain on their ends.
- Press each piece of plantain down, using the back of a wooden spatula.
- Now, place the plantains in water and let them soak for a minute.
- Heat the oil again and fry garlic in it.
- Add the plantains and cook until they assume a golden-brown color.
- You can sprinkle some salt if you want. Serve the fried plantains immediately.