- 1½ cup Maida (plain flour)
- ½ cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Ghee (for deep frying)
- Take a pan and heat water and jaggery in it till all of it is dissolved. When done, strain and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and mix plain flour, cardamom powder and ghee in it. Knead it into firm but flexible dough using jaggery water.
- Now, break the dough into 20 parts kneading each part with the palm.
- Proceed with rolling each part into 4 rounds and then making tiny slits on both sides with knife or fork, on each rolled part.
- Now, put each part on a clean cloth and keep it aside for an hour to let it dry a bit.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat ghee in it. Fry each part on simmer flame till it turns golden in color.
- Drain it and let it cool for a while to let it become crisper and harder. Store it in an airtight container when it is cool.