Goan Mutton Curry
- 750 g Mutton
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Clove Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut, desiccated
- 2 Onions, big size
- 1½ inch Ginger
- 1 tsp red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cup Warm Water
- Salt, to taste
- Start with cleaning and wash the mutton thoroughly to remove unwanted particles from it.
- Remove the excess water from it and then cut it into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a small bowl and mix turmeric powder in the yogurt to make a cream. Mix mutton cubes in it and keep it for 3 to 4 hours.
- Chop the onions in a small bowl and crush the ginger and garlic in the other.
- Now, take a heavy bottomed pan and on medium heat, heat up half the oil and fry half chopped onion until it is brown and soft.
- Remove it using holed spoon and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, add remaining oil in it and then other chopped onions along with crushed ginger and garlic. Stir it fry for one minute.
- Now, add coriander powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, pepper powder, red chili powder and mix well for a minute.
- Add 2 tbsp water to the mixture and fry it until the water evaporates.
- Put desiccated coconut in it and again mix it well for 2 minutes.
- Add mutton to the above mixture and increase the heat. Fry it till it starts changing color.
- Add water in it, cover and then bring it to boil slowly at low temperature for 30 minutes. Mix fried onions and salt.
- On simmer flame, bring it to boil for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add vinegar to it, remove from the flame and serve hot.