- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Onions (medium sized), chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1½ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 600 g Fish
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chilies, slit into two
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Start with cleaning the fish first and then cutting it into medium sized pieces.
- Apply lime juice and a little salt on the cut fish pieces and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it. When hot, add mustard seeds to it.
- When the mustard seeds start to crackle, add curry leaves in it and stir it fry for a few seconds.
- Now, add chopped onions to it and fry it till it turns soft and translucent.
- Put ginger paste and garlic paste, slit green chilies, turmeric powder and fish pieces to it and mix again. Fry it over high flame for a minute.
- Now, mix coconut milk and salt, cover it and cook it for 10 minutes on low heat. Serve hot.