- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 20 flakes Garlic
- 5" Ginger
- Coriander Leaves
- 4 green Chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 large Coconut (grated)
- 4 large Onions (sliced)
- 8 Kashmiri Chilies
- 3 Cinnamons
- 2 Cardamoms (peeled)
- 1 poppy flower (dagarful with seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Aniseeds (baddixep)
- 1tsps. Poppy Seeds (coscos)
- 1 Mace (potri)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 large Onions (chopped)
- 10 flakes Garlic (chopped)
- 6 Tomatoes (cut into quaters)
- Cut chicken into small pieces after cleaning. Apply salt on them and keep them aside.
- Grind garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, green chilies, and turmeric powder to make a paste. Rub this paste on the chicken.
- Roast the grated coconut with sliced onions in a frying pan, till they become brown in color. Grind this fried mixture to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and roast Kashmiri chilies lightly. Transfer them to a plate.
- Roast cinnamons, cardamoms, poppy flower, nutmeg and coriander seeds in the same pan. Mix roasted chilies with them.
- Now, roast coriander seeds, mace, aniseed and poppy seeds very lightly. You can add some more oil to roast, if it is required.
- Grind all the roasted spices to make a fine paste.
- Melt ghee in a large pan and fry chopped onions and garlic, till they become tender.
- Add marinated chicken and lid the pan. Cook till the chicken pieces become tender.
- Now, add the spice paste and the coconut paste to the chicken and cook for another ten minutes.
- Add tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken Xacuti with lemon slices.