Seviyan Ji Khirni
- 2 liter Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
- 20 Strands Saffron (soaked in 1 tbsp milk for few minutes)
- 12 Almonds
- 12 Pistachios (unsalted)
- 3 tbsp Vermicelli (broken)
- 1 tbsp Ghee, for frying the seviyan (vermicelli)
- 10 Cardamoms (peeled)
- 1 cup Water
- Start with heating the ghee in pan and then roasting the vermicelli in it on a low flame till it is golden brown in color.
- Stir it continuously to make sure that it does not get burnt. When done, keep it aside.
- Now, take a heavy vessel and boil the milk in it. When it has boiled, turn the flame on simmer and put the vermicelli, cardamoms and the saffron in it.
- Boil again till the vermicelli is soft and the milk reduces to little more than half. Keep stirring it at regular intervals so that the vermicelli does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar in it and boil till the sugar dissolves in it completely. Remove from the flame.
- Take a small pan and boil water in it along with almonds and pistachios for about 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- When cool, peel off the skin, cut into thin slices and then add it to the khirni. Serve hot.