- ½ kg Fish Preferably Skate, Shark Or Catfish
- 10 dry Red Chilies
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Peppercorns
- ¼ inch piece Turmeric
- 4 flakes Garlic
- ½ inch piece Ginger
- 1 small Tamarind, marble size
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Vinegar, optional
- Wash the fish to get rid of foreign particle and then cut it into desired pieces. After that apply salt over it and keep it aside.
- In the meanwhile, put all the ingredients except oil and sliced onions in the grinder and then grind it using little water.
- Take a pan and then fry the onions till it turns brown. Now, add grinded masala in it and fry for a few seconds.
- Now, put a cup of water in the pan and let it boil. When it has boiled, add the fish pieces and let it cook on slow flame until the fish is tender.
- Add salt and vinegar as required.