- Milk of 1 Coconut
- 2 Eggs
- ½ kg Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sugar, as required
- Oil, for deep frying
- Take a bowl and put flour, coconut milk, salt and eggs in it.
- Knead the ingredients to make a ball of dough, cover it with a damp cloth and leave it for atleast half an hour.
- Now, roll out the dough, cut into strips and further cut it into small squares.
- Prepare kulkuls by rolling the square into curls off the back of the fork or a twist shape. Keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it. Deep fry the kulkuls and keep it in a closed container.
- Next day, prepare the thick sugar syrup by heating sugar and water in a pan and then put all the kulkuls in it.
- Stir it continuously until the kulkuls are properly coated with sugar and are dry. Remove it from the flame.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.