- 1 Kg Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1½ cup Mustard oil
- 5 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Curd, beaten
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Aniseed Powder
- 1 tsp Mixed Coriander and Cumin Seed Powder
- 1 tsp Mixed Big Cardamom, Cinnamon and Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as required
- Take paneer in a bowl and slice into cubes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and deep fry the paneer until it turns into golden brown.
- Now, take another pan, pour milk and a cup of water in it and boil.
- When boiled, put 1 tsp of turmeric powder, a pinch of asafoetida and salt in it. Add fried panner in it and let it cook on medium heat for half an hour.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and add cloves, Cumin Seeds and the left asafoetida in it and mix it for a minute. Put chili Powder, 1 tsp of turmeric and a tsp of water in it and saute again till the oil takes color.
- Put beaten curd in it and stir till the curd blends with the oil.
- Now, put this mixture to the boiling paneer, add ginger powder, aniseed powder and coriander- cumin seed powder in it and stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- When the oil starts to separate and the gravy thickens, add big cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper powder and garam masala and mix well again for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.