- 12 Lamb Rib Chops (large)
- 1 liter Milk
- Besan Batter (made from besan and water)
- Yoghurt (thick, beaten)
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 6 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms (black)
- 2 Cardamoms (green)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (1 inch)
- 2-3 Bay Leaves (Indian Tez Patta)
- 1 Mace (Grated Nutmeg)
- Salt to taste
- Flatten the lamb chops.
- Tie ginger powder, cayenne pepper, fennel seeds, cloves, black and green cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and mace in a muslin or a cheese cloth bag.
- Place the milk on medium flame and heat it.
- Add the lamb chops and the bag of spices in the milk and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the chops turn tender.
- Beat the yoghurt well with salt to taste.
- Dip each chop in beaten yoghurt and then dip in the besan batter.
- Fry the chop on both sides in ghee.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
- Repeat with other chops.
- Rub each chop with lemon and serve hot.