Hogada Ta Hak Ya Bum
- 250 g Dried Fish (Hogada)
- 125 g Hak Leaves (Karam Sag) or Bum
- ½ cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafeotida
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- Clean the skin of the fish and cut the fins of the dried fish.
- Roast the fish on a smokeless flame and then cut it into desired pieces.
- Weed out the clean hak leaves, chop it and wash. Soak it for half an hour in hot water and squeeze out water from it before cooking.
- Now, take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it on medium flame. Carefully add half liter water in it along with salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and asafeotida. Bring it to boil.
- When boiled, put prepared dried fish pieces and hak leaves in it. Cook it for half an hour while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame when both fish and hak is softa and put garam masala in it.
- Serve hot with rice.