- 2 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 2 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Ghee
- ½ tsp Whole Cardamoms
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Black Peppercorns
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 5 bay Leaves
- 5 Saffron Strands
- ½ cup Almonds, blanched and split
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Dry Coconut Slivers
- ½ cup Dried Dates
- Water, as required
- 2 tsp Milk
- Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Take a large pan and boil 8 cups of water in it. Put rice in it and let it cook.
- When cooked (3/4th prepared), drain the rice and set it aside.
- In the meantime, soak saffron strands in 2 tsp milk and mix it to make a paste.
- Heat ghee in a large pan and put all the spices in it except saffron. Allow it to sizzle a bit.
- Now, add sugar and 1/3 cup of water in it and stir well.
- Put all the dry fruits in it and stir well again.
- Now, add cooked rice in it along with saffron liquid and mix it carefully.
- Cover it and let it cook for an hour.
- When cooked, mix it gently to separate the rice grains and serve warm.