- 4 Buns (quartered)
- 1Potato (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1Tomato (chopped)
- 1Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Green Chilies
- Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
- Heat the potatoes in the oven for 5 minutes or till they are tender.
- Heat oil in a pan and put mustard and cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter.
- Now, add in curry leaves, garlic and green chilies and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onions and cook till they are transparent.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till they are tender.
- Now, add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix well and add one cup of water to make the gravy. Bring it to a boiling point and lower the flame.
- Add in heated potatoes and also the buns, at this stage. Mix gently to coat the bun pieces with the gravy.
- Allow it to simmer for a minute and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Seyal Pav is ready to be served!