Chettinad Tomato Kuzhambu
- 1 cup Tamarind juice
- 4 Tomatoes (1 chopped)
- 5 Red Chilies
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 5 flakes Garlic
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 6 Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- Oil, as required
- Salt, to taste
- Take a pan, heat oil in it and then fry tomatoes (leaving one) in it for 3 minutes. Grind the tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Now, heat the pan with oil and put cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coconut, red chili and coriander seeds in it and fry.
- Now, add ½ chopped onion, garlic and cashew nuts and fry it again.
- Grind these fried ingredients with water to make paste.
- Heat the pan again and put remaining onion and tomato in it and fry it till onion is golden in color.
- Add grinded onion- cashew nut paste in it and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now, put ground tomato in it and cook till the oil starts to separate.
- Put tamarind juice and salt in it and cook it on medium heat for around 4 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with lunch.