- 1 cup Split Yellow Gram (yellow moong dal)
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Brinjal, diced
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup French Beans
- 2 Onions, diced
- ½ cup Green Peas
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 3 Cloves
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ cup Ghee
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cup Water
- Wash and soak dal and rice for 10 minutes. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat ghee in it.
- When hot, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves and mix till the seeds start to crackle.
- Now, put all the vegetables (brinjal, potatoes, green peas, French beans, onion and cauliflower florets), turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt in it and mix well again for 2 minutes.
- Put drained rice and dal in it and stir well for 2 more minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water in cooker, stir well and replace the pressure cooker lid.
- Allow it to cook on medium flame, till it gives three whistles.
- Remove from the flame and let the steam escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with raita and pappad.