Besan ka Cheela
- 2 cups Besan
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1½ cup Water, to prepare batter
- Oil, for cooking
- Salt, to taste
- Take a large bowl and put all the ingredients in it, except water. Mix well.
- Now, add water in small quantities, to make smooth batter. Make sure thewre are no lumps in it.
- Add water till the batter has a similar consistency as that of dosa. Keep it aside.
- Take a non-stick tawa and heat it on medium flame.
- Put a little oil on tawa and evenly spread 1 serving spoon batter on it.
- Put oil over and around it, so that it does not stick to the tawa.
- Turn it upside down after a minute and cook in a similar way on the other side.
- Make sure the cheela is brown and crispy from both the sides.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter and serve hot with chutney.